Hauntingly Beautiful

My Seton friend, Lori, posted this on her Facebook and I had to "lift" it....isn't it lovely?

Excited for Advent.

I carried my 4 children in pregnancies during Advent and I think that brought me closer to Our Lady. She teaches us soooo much....she means so much to our faith.....

"The world being unworthy to receive the Son of God directly from the hands of the Father, he gave his Son to Mary for the world to receive him from her."-Saint Augustine, Father and Doctor of the Church

"All true children of God have God for their father and Mary for his mother; anyone who does not have Mary for his mother, does not have God for his father."-Saint Louis Marie de Montfort

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - Saint Maximilian Kolbe

“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.” – Saint Maximilian Kolbe

“Think of what the Saints have done for their neighbor because they loved God. But what Saint's love for God can match Mary's? She loved Him more in the first moment of her existence than all the Saints and angels ever loved Him or will love Him. Our Lady herself revealed to Sister Mary Crucified that the fire of her love was most extreme. If Heaven and earth were placed in it, they would be instantly consumed. And the ardors of the seraphim, compared with it, are like cool breezes. Just as there is not one among all the Blessed who loves God as Mary does, so there is no one, after God, who loves us as much as this most loving Mother does. Furthermore, if we heaped together all the love that mothers have for their children, all the love of husbands and wives, all the love of all the angels and Saints for their clients, it could never equal Mary's love for even a single soul.” -Saint Alphonsus Liguori, The Glories of Mary

”Let those who think that the Church pays too much attention to Mary give heed to the fact that Our Blessed Lord Himself gave ten times as much of His life to her as He gave to His Apostles.” -Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen (The World’s First Love)

"All my own perception of beauty both in majesty and simplicity is founded upon Our Lady." -J.R.R. Tolkien

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL image! WOW!! This Advent will be particularly special for me, as I prepare to have this baby around Christmas. I pray that it draws me closer to Our Lady, for I truly need her guidance and devotion at this time ... and always.

Tiffany said...

How beautiful that you carried children through Advent, with Blessed Mother as your companion. I think I already mentioned that I'm in the process of renewing my Montfort Consecration right now. It will be such a blessing to do that during Advent this time around. Thank you for sharing the beautiful quotes. Totus Tuus and Ave Maria!

Michelle said...

Beautiful image.

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.