Spy Wednesday Mass, Pope Benedict & Franciscan University

Today, at Mass on the campus of Franciscan University, I read the following from my Magnificat missal.
“Judas is neither a master of evil nor the figure of a demoniacal power of darkness but rather a sycophant who bows down before the anonymous power of changing moods and current fashion. But it is precisely this anonymous power that crucified Jesus, for it was anonymous voices that cried, ‘Away with Him! Crucify him!’” (emphasis mine )— Pope Benedict XVI
Such clear and powerful words that speak to our time.  The sycophants and the destruction they wield...the spies among us who sell us out for their pieces of silver....and yet Our Lord rises above them all and conquers with His Resurrection....from ugliness He can bring the greatest beauty.

Again...in just a few days time.

And today too, I am grateful for Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.  Although it was almost 3 years ago that I captured this gaze of love through my lens,   today I feel you near.


No comments:

© 2011 Bushel & A Peck Designs. Powered by Blogger.